- When you lodge a complaint with the ARB we request certain information. This is to ascertain, as far as possible, that you are a real person, that you are not a competitor pretending to be a consumer and that multiple complaints do in fact come from separate individuals.
- We share your name with the Advertiser against whom you complained, and we publish your name in our decisions, if the matter reaches that point. If you do not wish for this to occur, you need to withdraw your complaint.
- We do not share any of your other information without your permission.
- Your information is securely stored on our server.
- You may at any time request details about what information we have about you.
- We may from time to time use your information to examine complaint trends based on demographics. In doing so, we will at no time link your name to such trends analysis.
- You may at any time before a decision is made, withdraw the complaint and ask us to erase your data.
- However, once a decision is made, we are required to keep a full record for our legal protection in the event that the matter is challenged at a later stage.
- You may contact email@example.com for any information in this regard at any time.
Consumer protection through responsible advertising
ARB MEMORANDUM OF INCORPORATION
All content © Advertising Regulatory Board, 2023. All rights reserved.
Website by Gendel Interactive